The Kentix MulitSensor has essentially two different tasks, the 4-factor early fire detection and the people counting. Which sensor version (40° or 90°) you choose depends largely on the mounting height and the application purpose.
For 80% of all applications in the field of early fire detection or people counting (flow and presence counting), the 90° sensor is the right solution. For special applications or installation conditions, the following aspects must be taken into account for the respective task areas.
4-factor early fire detection
- The greater the distance between sensor and object, the larger the pixels become. The pixel size for early fire detection should not exceed 300 x 300 mm, which corresponds approximately to a mounting height of 4.5 m of the MultiSensor-TI-90°.
- The smaller the pixel size, the more accurate the resolution of the infrared sensor.
- If only a low mounting height is available, the MultiSensor-TI-90° is ideal for people counting.
- The MultiSensor-TI-40° is only suitable for people counting from an installation height of 4 m.
- For people counting, not 1024 pixels are used, but only 512.
Here you can calculate the area that is monitored by your MultiSensor-TI. In the first step, select your model (40° or 90°) and enter the distance to the area that is monitored. You will then see the monitored area and the size of the individual pixels.