- Network connection (PoE) and Kentix system socket, integrated sensors
- Connection area 3 (L3) with fuse C10/C16
- Connection area 2 (L2) with fuse C10/C16
- Connection area (L1) with fuse C10/C16
- Ammeter with display (MID calibrated) and residual current monitoring (RCM)
- Power connection depending on type, 5-pole 16/32A or 3-pole 32A, cable length 3m
The SmartPDU is used for powering end devices in data or network cabinets while monitoring power, consumption data, and the environment. The SmartPDU is network based and like all ethernet capable Kentix devices, is equipped with a Kentix system socket to connect additional peripherals.
The basic structure of the SmartPDU is always the same, they differ mainly in the connection and socket configuration.
The installation is carried out in the following steps:
- Disconnect the power supply. For the duration of the electrical work the power supply has to be cut for the entire working area
- The SmartPDU is mounted on its intended place (left/right) inside the rack with the provided screws. Straight and angled mounting brackets are included for the assembly
- The SmartPDU is connected between supply voltage and consumer. Check all plugs for firm and correct seat. Ideally use connectors with V-Lock cord retention
- Connect the PDU via Ethernet and wait for the green LED to light up
- Reestablish power supply
Assignment of the Kentix system socket
|System socket (Type: RJ45)||Contact assignment|
*These connections are for internal use only
The wiring should only be done by experts with electrotechnical knowledge. Wrong wiring can lead to short-circuits and defects.
For external wiring of the Kentix system socket we always recommend to use an I/O-Adapter [Art: KIO3].