Inspection and maintenance
An important component in the life cycle of professional Smart Building Security products is a maintenance strategy based on requirements.
This consists of a combination of technical and administrative measures to ensure the optimal and functional condition and operation of these components.
The Kentix maintenance program is precisely aligned with the needs of the products for the physical security of our customers' business-critical IT infrastructures and essentially includes the following points.
Maintenance delays the reduction of the existing wear reserve of an system or component. The maintenance tasks can include, in particular
- Maintenance planning that is specially tailored to the requirements of the customer system
- Preparation and execution of maintenance incl. functional testing and documentation
- Carrying out the tests or measurements required for maintenance
An inspection includes measures to determine and assess the actual condition of an installation or component. Furthermore, the causes of wear and tear are determined and the necessary consequences for future use are derived. The inspection measures may include in particular
- Inspection planning that is specifically geared to the needs of the customer's operation
- Preparation and execution of the inspection including presentation and evaluation of the results
- Error analysis and planning in the sense of pointing out and evaluating alternative solutions
A repair involves physical measures that are carried out to restore the function of a faulty system or component. In particular, the maintenance tasks can include
- Error analysis and planning
- Preparation of the repair including preparatory measures
- Implementation (e.g. repair, replacement)
- Functional test and approval of the repair
- Evaluation and documentation
- Performance of the tests or measurements required for the tests or measurements required in connection with the repair
- Function-preserving cleaning, which is necessary for technical reasons. The focus here is on maintaining the functionality.
Repairs are always to be seen as a separate order as a result of the previous inspection and maintenance. To be able to carry out professional maintenance measures, various measures must be observed to ensure a smooth process.
Buildings usually contain a large number of different technical installations and equipment. Kentix products are of course also able to send alarms and status messages to third party systems using various technical solutions. During all maintenance measures, the operator is responsible for the coordination of inter-industry dependencies, messages and functions.
Accessibility of devices and system components
The performance of the activities included in the service programs requires the perfect accessibility of the equipment and system components. Services required to establish accessibility and restore the original condition (e.g. moving furniture, opening and closing false ceilings, dismantling and reinstallation of obstructions) are not included in the service programme. They are to be provided by the client or transferred to the company performing the work against payment. The accessibility of the equipment also includes all necessary access data, such as user access and password for the respective equipment.
The systems must be in a serviceable condition.
- Functionality of the systems and components
- Existing marking of the systems and components
- Availability of technical documentation
- Prerequisite for maintenance of the DoorLock systems is a meaningful documentation ( blueprints ) which reflects the location of the systems with the entries in the Kentix dashboard.
Qualification of the maintenance personnel
All maintenance activities must be carried out and documented exclusively by Kentix personnel or by specially trained Kentix partners.
Performance of inspection and maintenance work
After careful planning, including the specific needs of the customer's operation, the inspection and maintenance work is carried out using special work cards. All inspection and maintenance work has a one-year interval or if required.